How to Use Your Academic Accommodations at STAC
- A month before the start of the semester complete and send the Request for Disability Accommodations form and documentation to the Office of Accessibility to the attention of Anne Schlinck, Accessibility Services Liaison.
- On the first day of classes, pick up the your approved academic accommodation paperwork from the Office of Accessibility.
- Introduce yourself to your professor and make an appointment to meet during the first week or two of classes. If you have an academic accommodation and wish to use it, please let your instructor know. If you need a note taker, let the instructor know, so they can announce the need for a volunteer note taker early in the semester.
- A few days before each exam, notify your instructors and the Accessibility Services Liaison so that testing arrangements can be made.
- Know your classes! Carry a schedule that includes your courses, days, times, rooms, buildings, and the instructor’s name.
- Get a class syllabus. Keep a calendar of assignment due dates and appointments. Schedule study time for yourself.
- If at any time you have questions about your academic accommodations, please visit the Office of Accessibility. The office is open Monday through Friday, 9am - 4pm (closed for lunch 12:30 - 1:30pm).