Banner Self Service for Students
Login Directions for First Time Users
1) Using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, go to: www.stac.edu.
2) Click on the mySTAC link at the top right of the page then select Banner Self Service from the list on this page.
3) At the User Login Page, type your STAC Student ID where it says User ID. You must type a capital “S”.
4) Type in your Banner PIN. If this is your first time on Banner, your initial PIN will be your birth date in MMDDYY format. For example, if your birth date is October 27, 1986, your PIN would be 102786. Click Login.
5) If this is your first time on Banner, you’ll be prompted to create a new PIN. The new PIN can be any combination of letters (upper and lower case), numbers, or special characters. The only restriction is that it must be 6 characters long.
6) If this is your first time on Banner, you’ll be prompted to answer a security question. This feature will allow you to enter Banner if you have forgotten your PIN. For increased security, make sure that the answer is something that others would not be able to guess successfully.
7) Once your PIN is created you should store this information in a place where only you can access it. One suggestion is to store your Student Id# and personal PIN in your cell phone as a contact.
Questions or problems with logging onto Banner should be addressed to the Registrar’s Office Spellman Hall, Suite 101 ~ email@example.com ~ 845-398-4300
VIEW AND ACCEPT YOUR FINANCIAL AID AWARD NOTICE
1. Once you have successfully logged into Banner Self- Service, please click on the Financial Aid tab.
2. Click on the Award link.
3. Click on the Award by Aid Year link.
4. You will be prompted to select an Academic Aid Year, please choose 2017-18 and click the submit button. **PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS OPTION IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DROP DOWN BOX, WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVIENCE.**
5. Go to the TERM & CONDITIONS tab. It is important that you first carefully review the terms of your aid, then Accept the Terms & Conditions; you will not be able to proceed to view your award unless this is completed.
6. Click on the Accept Award Offer Tab.
7. Please note the status of your Institutional Aid, as well as state and federal grants will show automatically as Accepted.
If all of your awards display as Accepted, there no other steps you need take.
8. If you have loans and/or works study on your account, here are your options:
a. Accept the full award amount by selecting Accept Full Amount of All Awards.
b. Choose Decline or Accept for each fund.
c. Accept a partial amount by selecting Accept and entering the amount in the Accept Partial Amount field.
9. Click the Submit Decision.
10. The loan funds are hyperlinked. Please click on the link for further instructions on processing your loans. For more information on processing both the student and parent loans, please see the Financial Aid Checklist.