Business Adminstration majors learn leadership through direct experience, acquire the confidence to motivate and develop the skills to solve problems through teamwork.
Business Administration at STAC
The Business Administration Major seeks to provide students with a strong business foundation while instilling in them an expansive and creative overview of the world of contemporary business. The goal of the program is to prepare students for professional careers in business and not for profit organizations as well as graduate study.
The aspects of management, organization, production, and labor are only a few topics that will be explored by students in this major. Students will have the opportunity to take courses like Entrepreneurship: Managing the Small Business or Business Law to gain further understanding of the practices of not only major corporations, but also the principles surrounding the success of the small firm. Many students who major in business administration complete a minor to prepare for a specific career field.
Upon completion of the Business Administration major, students will:
- Complete our business core curriculum that provides a strong foundation in business.
- Complete a comprehensive business elective component that allows for exploration of the various aspects of business.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills involving quantitative and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrate awareness of the global aspects of business and the skills necessary to take advantage of international opportunities.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical business behavior and incorporate ethical considerations into problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate strong information processing and technology skills necessary in modern business practice.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills as applied to busines
Delta Mu Delta is a national honor society established to recognize and reward superior scholastic achievement of students in business administration.
Students can continue into the college’s Master of Business Administration program upon graduation and earn their degree in as little as one year. Visit our MBA webpage for more details, link. .
If you are interested in a career in fields as varied as banking, consulting, marketing, human resource management, you should consider a major in Business Administration. For more information about what you can do with this major, visit our Career Services website.