News & Events
The Management Major seeks to provide students with a strong foundation in management theory while instilling in them an expansive and creative overview of contemporary organizations.
The aspects of management, organization, production, and labor are only a few topics that will be explored by students in this major. Students will have the opportunity to take core required courses as well as electives such as Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior, Labor Relations, and Managing Workforce Diversity to gain further understanding of the practices of not only major corporations, but also the principles surrounding the success of the small firm. The management major will prepare students for professional careers in business and not for profit organizations and is an ideal choice for students who have an interest in graduate study in management, or an MBA program.
Upon completion of the Management major, students will:
- Complete a comprehensive management component.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills involving quantitative and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrate awareness of global aspects of business and the skills necessary to take advantage of international opportunities.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical business behavior and incorporate ethical considerations into problem solving skill.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills in the variety of communications media.
If you are interested in leadership, team building, organizational behavior, human resources and consulting you should consider a major in Management. For more information about what you can do with this major, visit our Career Services website. (hyperlink Career Services to: