School of Education:Graduate Program
Advanced Programs Handbook
MSeD Application Process to School of Education
For additional information please contact the Admissions Office at (845) 398 4100
Admission to the Masters of Science in Education (MSEd) and Post Masters programs requirements include:
- A completed application form and non-refundable application fee.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution verifying the completion of a liberal arts major or 30 credit concentration in an academic area of the New York State learning standards and that meets the standards of a particular specialized professional association (e.g. NCSS, NCTE, NCTM, NSTA).
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended.
- A copy of teaching certificate
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher: GRE or MAT scores (for an overall GPA between 2.8 and 2.99) and a GPA of 2.75 or higher in the major.
- Submission of three references
- An interview with the Director of Graduate Education .
Progression through the MSeD Program:
Candidates are required to:
- Maintain the required level of academic performance: a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Candidates' performance in the MSEd program can apply for matriculation after completing twelve credits. For more information please contact the Graduate Education Office (845) 398 4150.
- Candidates can apply for the practicum in the spring semester prior to graduation.
Additional Requirements for MSEd. Educational Leadership Program
- Minimum of three years teaching experience and/or pupil personnel services.
- A letter of recommendation from a principal or supervisor with a commitment in writing to supervise and evaluate the candidate during the internship.
Additional Note for Post Masters Certificate Programs
- Applicants to the Post Masters certificate program need only to submit an official transcript from the institution that granted the master’s degree.