The Office of Disability Services provides reasonable accommodation for students who register with our Office and provide documentation of a disability.
Some examples of the reasonable accommodations we provide for students with disabilities include:
- Extended time for timed testing
- Reduced distraction testing environment
- Scribe for testing
- Supplemental note taking assistance
- Assistance obtaining accessible format textbooks
- Permission to use a calculator
- Preferential seating
- Accessible housing
- Dietary restrictions
Please submit housing accommodation requests and supporting documentation at least 30 days prior to the start of a new semester.
To initiate the disability accommodation request process, the student should complete the Request for Disability Accommodation form.
Please review the Documentation Guidelines.
Accommodations are granted to allow students with disabilities to equally participate in and benefit from St. Thomas Aquinas College’s programs, services, and activities, provided that these accommodations would not:
- Fundamentally alter the nature of St. Thomas Aquinas College’s academic programs, services, or activities.
- Cause undue burden to the College.