Student Employment

Eligible students can participate in employment opportunities on campus. Federal Work Study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate students with financial need, allowing students to earn money to help pay education expenses. Once all Federal Work Study students are placed, students who have not been awarded a grant, including international students, may apply for College-Funded Campus Employment.  

For details on International Student Employment, please contact the Admissions Office at 845-398-4100 or [email protected].

Students earnings are not applied to tuition or other charges. Hourly rates are paid according to the prevailing minimum wage. Job openings are posted on SpartanJobs (see Open Positions link below) and on the bulletin board in the Human Resources area, Borelli Hall Room 206. Learn more about how to find job openings through the Career Center Office.

Selection Process:

  1. Student are notified of their eligibility by the Financial Aid Department. (Annual FAFSA Application required.)
  2. Students attend a Work Study Workshop through the Career Center and learn about the open employment opportunities listed on SpartanJobs.
  3. Students review open positions and apply to the department directly. (Applications are available in the HR office.)
  4. Students interview with the manager identified on posting. (HR recommends students bring availability and class schedule to interview.)
  5. Once selected by manager, an employment packet must be completed and brought to Human Resources for processing.


Open Positions


Student Employment Handbook

Work Study: Virtual Workshop

Career Development video humbnail Maureen Mulern chatting sharing screen of Career Development webpage on STAC website

Please watch this video for more details on our Work Study Program.

Currently Employed Students

Students must fill out their Direct Deposit Form annually, even if there is no change in banking information. 

If you would like to change your tax exemptions, please complete the Federal W-4 Form and/or State IT-2104 Form.

If you have a change of address or phone number, please contact the Human Resources Office.