Thank you for your interest in our open Staff positions. St. Thomas Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates representing diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please apply for employment to the College office/division indicated in the individual position announcement. Application should not be sent to the Human Resources Office unless indicated.
Director of Experiential Learning
Part-time (16-18 hours/wk; 10 mos./ yr.) administrative position available in our School of Business starting January 14, 2019. Qualified individual will oversee and coordinate student experiential learning opportunities including internships, practica, co-ops, study abroad, and study beyond and ensures these experiences meet academic requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s in Management or related field preferred; must be computer literate. Requires strong interpersonal, communication an organizational skills. Demonstrated record of administrative leadership preferred. Ability and willingness to travel within the relevant regional area.
A cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experiences as they relate to the position; and three professional references should be sent electronically to Prof. M. Murphy, Dean of the School of Business at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences
St. Thomas Aquinas College, a liberal arts and sciences college with very strong pre-professional programs in the heart of the New York Metropolitan Area, invites applications for the position of Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. Reporting directly to the Provost, the Dean is responsible for all of the academic activities of the School, including faculty, curricula, assessment, and strategic planning. The Dean should have a strong vision of the role of the liberal arts and sciences, and a solid grasp of the challenges faced by institutions of higher education in the United States. The Dean should be well prepared to:
- Take the lead in the School’s response to academic and marketplace trends, especially in innovative programming and technological change.
- Coordinate evaluation and professional development of faculty in the School of Arts and Sciences and recommend faculty for hiring, retention, promotion, and tenure.
- Oversee program assessment and accreditation activities within the School of Arts Sciences.
- Improve enrollment and retention by working in concert with the Enrollment Management team.
- Promote a culture of faculty scholarship and model by example.
- Develop and maintain collaborative academic relationships internally and externally.
- Pursue professional development.
- Coordinate academic planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Work collaboratively with the Deans of the Schools of Business and Education and all levels of administration.
- Work supportively with students.
- Earned Doctorate in the field offered within the School of Arts and Sciences from an accredited institution.
- Proven record of administrative excellence and evidence of commitment to teaching and research commensurate with a tenured faculty position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with accreditation and assessment strongly recommended.
Please send the following materials electronically to Dr. R. Murray, Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs, St. Thomas Aquinas College at [email protected]: a cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience as they relate to the position; a personal philosophy statement about the value of a liberal arts and sciences education; curriculum vitae; and names, addresses, and contact information for five professional references. Preference will be given to applications received by November 30, 2018, but will be considered until the position filled. Start date: July 1, 2019.
The full-time, 10-month office assistant for the Lougheed Library will provide varied secretarial support. Duties include composing and typing all office correspondences, processing mail, maintaining inventory and office supplies. Coordinates arrangements for meetings, special events, and activities within the library, as well as, use of the library’s quiet study rooms and The Rose T. DeGroat Room. Responsible for ordering books and other materials as requested by faculty and staff. Prepares monthly budget statements, and periodic library reports, including the annual library budget and the NYS Department of Education Library grant. In addition, maintains and updates file system, photocopies and completes other assigned duties. If necessary, may provide coverage at the Circulation Desk.
- Proficient with MS Word/Excel 2010.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs/Calendar.
- Exceptional people, communication and general office skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and with a diverse student population.
- Requires flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office Software such as PowerPoint helpful.
- Ability to learn other software applications.
Send completed employment application to Ms. Virginia Dunnigan, Director, Lougheed Library.
Applicants can email application to [email protected].
Administrative Office Assistant
This position can either be filled with 2 part-time candidates (21 hours/week each) or by 1 full-time candidate (35 hours/week). Please specify preference when submitting application.
The qualified individual will provide secretarial and administrative support for the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and the Vice President for Enrollment Management, as well as, for departmental Directors. Ancillary secretarial and administrative duties for President will also be required as requested.
Duties will include assisting with preparations for special events, including but not limited to: Commencement; Golf Tournament; Capital Campaign; Annual Tribute and Hall of Fame Dinner; and a variety of other breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Assisting with website updates for the two offices and the preparation of publications; producing gift acknowledgment letters; running Microsoft Access reports; managing Google Calendars and creating Google Sites and online fillable forms.
- Must be proficient in using MS Word & Excel.
- Knowledge of Access and PowerPoint desirable.
- Able and willing to learn Raiser’s Edge, Banner, MS Publisher, Adobe Pro X, and Adobe PhotoShop and utilize the Google Drive.
- Experience with copywriting, social media and proofreading a plus.
- Need excellent customer service and communication skills.
Complete an employment application; a cover letter outlining your application for the position; include three professional references and a resume addressed to IA-EM Search Committee: Applicants should submit pdf documents via email to Jeanne Howell, [email protected].
Responsible for providing for a safe and efficient mode of transportation for the St. Thomas Aquinas College Community. Transportation will be coordinated using St. Thomas Aquinas College Vehicles or rented/leased vehicles. Conducts safety inspection of assigned vehicle prior to operation. Maintains records of work performed. Provides information and general assistance to the STAC Community.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license issued in the United States and be allowed to legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Minimum of two (2) years driving experience
- Experience driving vans and larger vehicles preferred
- Successfully complete a driver’s history check, criminal background check, employment history check, and reference check.
Send application and 3 names/contact information for 3 professional references to Mr. James Nawoichyk, Director of Safety and Security at [email protected].
Campus Safety & Security Officer
Responsible for performing activities to ensure the safety and security of all students, faculty and staff, guests, and campus facilities, and to enforce college policy/procedure as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws. Interact with local law enforcement as necessary. Individual must maintain flexible work schedule. Primary work hours will be evenings, nights and weekends.
Requires valid driver’s license; NYS security guard registration; ability to meet physical demands of position and ability to effectively communicate with others. Knowledge/use of computers and Microsoft applications beneficial.
Send application and three names/contact information for three professional references to Mr. James Nawoichyk, Director of Safety and Security at [email protected].