Thank you for your interest in our open Staff positions. St. Thomas Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates representing diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please apply for employment to the College office/division indicated in the individual position announcement. Application should not be sent to the Human Resources Office unless indicated.
Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences
St. Thomas Aquinas College, a liberal arts and sciences college with very strong pre-professional programs in the heart of the New York Metropolitan Area, invites applications for the position of Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. Reporting directly to the Provost, the Dean is responsible for all of the academic activities of the School, including faculty, curricula, assessment, and strategic planning. The Dean should have a strong vision of the role of the liberal arts and sciences, and a solid grasp of the challenges faced by institutions of higher education in the United States. The Dean should be well prepared to:
- Take the lead in the School’s response to academic and marketplace trends, especially in innovative programming and technological change.
- Coordinate evaluation and professional development of faculty in the School of Arts and Sciences and recommend faculty for hiring, retention, promotion, and tenure.
- Oversee program assessment and accreditation activities within the School of Arts Sciences.
- Improve enrollment and retention by working in concert with the Enrollment Management team.
- Promote a culture of faculty scholarship and model by example.
- Develop and maintain collaborative academic relationships internally and externally.
- Pursue professional development.
- Coordinate academic planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Work collaboratively with the Deans of the Schools of Business and Education and all levels of administration.
- Work supportively with students.
- Earned Doctorate in field offered within the School of Arts and Sciences from accredited institution.
- Proven record of administrative excellence and evidence of commitment to teaching and research commensurate with a tenured faculty position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with accreditation and assessment strongly recommended.
Please send the following materials electronically to Dr. R. Murray, Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs, St. Thomas Aquinas College at [email protected]: a cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience as they relate to the position; a personal philosophy statement about the value of a liberal arts and sciences education; curriculum vitae; and names, addresses, and contact information for five professional references. Preference will be given to applications received by November 30, 2018, but will be considered until the position filled. Start date: July 1, 2019.
Part Time (per diem) position in College library. The qualified individual will cover circulation desk, shelve library materials, answer phones, respond to routine questions from library users and oversee operation of photocopy and microform equipment.
Must be computer literate and possess good communication and customer service skills. Prefer previous library experience and knowledge of Dewey Decimal System. Hours: Sunday 1pm – 9pm, and Monday and Tuesday evenings 4pm – 11pm.
Submit letter of interest, resume and application form with names and contact information for three professional references via email to: Ms. Virginia Dunnigan, Director of Library Services, [email protected].
Responsible for providing for a safe and efficient mode of transportation for the St. Thomas Aquinas College Community. Transportation will be coordinated using St. Thomas Aquinas College Vehicles or rented/leased vehicles. Conducts safety inspection of assigned vehicle prior to operation. Maintains records of work performed. Provides information and general assistance to the STAC Community.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license issued in the United States and be allowed to legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Minimum of two (2) years driving experience
- Experience driving vans and larger vehicles preferred
- Successfully complete a driver’s history check, criminal background check, employment history check and reference check.
Send application and 3 names/contact information for 3 professional references to Mr. James Nawoichyk, Director of Safety and Security at [email protected].
Campus Safety & Security Officer
Responsible for performing activities to ensure the safety and security of all students, faculty and staff, guests, and campus facilities, and to enforce college policy/procedure as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws. Interact with local law enforcement as necessary. Individual must maintain flexible work schedule. Primary work hours will be evenings, nights and weekends.
Requires valid driver’s license; NYS security guard registration; ability to meet physical demands of position and ability to effectively communicate with others. Knowledge/use of computers and Microsoft applications beneficial.
Send application and three names/contact information for three professional references to Mr. James Nawoichyk, Director of Safety and Security at [email protected].