Thank you for your interest in our open Staff positions. St. Thomas Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates representing diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please apply for employment to the College office/division indicated in the individual position announcement. Application should not be sent to the Human Resources Office unless indicated.
Director of Experiential Learning
Part-time (16-18 hours/wk; 10 mos./ yr.) administrative position available in our School of Business starting January 14, 2019. The qualified individual will oversee and coordinate student experiential learning opportunities including internships, practica, co-ops, study abroad, and study beyond and ensures these experiences meet academic requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s in Management or related field preferred; must be computer literate. Requires strong interpersonal, communication an organizational skills. Demonstrated record of administrative leadership preferred. Ability and willingness to travel within the relevant regional area.
A cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experiences as they relate to the position; and three professional references should be sent electronically to Prof. M. Murphy, Dean of the School of Business at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Individual will be responsible for processing all payroll transactions for approximately 450 personnel on multiple payrolls in a fast-paced office. This includes reviewing time records; maintaining payroll-related records for both payrolls and as it pertains to Human Resources; filing tax reports and voluntary deductions reports; processing involuntary deductions; preparing accounting transactions and documents, and preparing special reports. Must effectively communicate with faculty, staff, and students.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred; high school diploma with a minimum of 4 years computerized payroll and accounting systems experience required.
- One year of experience with primary responsibility for payroll administration required.
- Knowledge of Federal and NY State guidelines associated with payroll withholdings and knowledge of deferred compensation plans required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel required.
- Must have user and functional knowledge of integrated computerized payroll systems, preferably UltiPro.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work Mon-Fri. schedule/12 months per year, 35 hours per week.
Complete an employment application; a cover letter outlining your application for the position; include three professional references and a resume to Ms. Ann Wolfe, Assistant Controller. Applicants should submit pdf documents via email [email protected].
Responsible for providing for a safe and efficient mode of transportation for the St. Thomas Aquinas College Community. Transportation will be coordinated using St. Thomas Aquinas College Vehicles or rented/leased vehicles. Conducts a safety inspection of the assigned vehicle prior to operation. Maintains records of work performed. Provides information and general assistance to the STAC Community.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license issued in the United States and be allowed to legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Minimum of two (2) years driving experience
- Experience driving vans and larger vehicles preferred
- Successfully complete a driver’s history check, criminal background check, employment history check, and reference check.
Send application and 3 names/contact information for 3 professional references to Mr. James Nawoichyk, Director of Safety and Security at [email protected].
Campus Safety & Security Officer
Responsible for performing activities to ensure the safety and security of all students, faculty, and staff, guests, and campus facilities, and to enforce college policy/procedure as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws. Interact with local law enforcement as necessary. Individual must maintain a flexible work schedule. Primary work hours will be evenings, nights and weekends.
Requires valid driver’s license; NYS security guard registration; ability to meet physical demands of position and ability to effectively communicate with others. Knowledge/use of computers and Microsoft applications beneficial.
Send application and three names/contact information for three professional references to Mr. James Nawoichyk, Director of Safety and Security at [email protected].