Welcome to the STAC Community! You are officially a Spartan! Here is everything you will need to know to begin your transition onto campus and into a successful college career.
As an accepted international student, your next steps are part of the Student Visa Process. Feel free to ask your international admissions counselor any questions along the way!
International Student Services
International services are housed in Admissions. Dana Samko can be located in Spellman Hall room SG16. You can contact Dana at [email protected] or 845-398-4105. Dana can answer all of your questions about STAC and your F-1 Student Status.
Seek advisement on status and their future educational or employment plans. This includes Curricular Practical Training in the form of internships, and Optional Practical Training, which is authorized post-graduation employment for up to 1 year or more dependent on field of study.
For more information about STAC Student Life, please see the STUDENT HANDBOOK!
The Office of Residence Life is located in the Romano Student Alumni Center (RSAC) top level at the end of the hallway opposite the Bookstore. You can contact them at 8445-398-4051. Please have all of your resident student paperwork completed and your room assignment before moving onto campus!
Eileen Mastrovito is the Nurse at STAC's Office of Health Services. She is not available 24 hours, but is available by appointment or stop in her office located in McNelis Commons Building #2. She is able to direct you to the appropriate doctor/s or medical facility in the area and can be contacted at [email protected] or 845-398-4242.
Please complete the health forms and submit your immunization/ vaccination records before moving onto campus!
STAC does not offer students medical insurance. You are strongly encouraged to purchase insurance during your stay at STAC. The following are some insurance companies utilized by past and current international students.
From Airports to STAC: The Go Airlink Shuttle service will provide transportation to the George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal. From the George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal, you can board Coach USA Red & Tan Bus Line 9A or 9AT to the Sparkill stop about a mile from campus. You can also contact Tappan Taxi car service at 845-359-5555 and request a flat rate for airport pickup. If you are flying Korean Air and Asiana Air, they may provide a free service.
Local Transportation: Transportation of Rockland (TOR) bus route 92 stops by the front gate of STAC and will take you to the Palisades Mall in West Nyack, NY and the town of Nyack, NY.
Another local option is Tappan Taxi 845-359-5555.
Transportation to NYC: Coach USA Red & Tan Bus Line 9A or 9AT will deliver you to the George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal from the Sparkill bus stop, about a mile from campus.
Move-In and New Student Orientation
International Student Move-In is usually the day before International Student Orientation. Orientation is held one or more days before the semester start date. Click here for Orientation dates and Registration.
If you arrive on campus for Orientation before dining services opens officially for the semester, please see Dana Samko in International Services to receive your meal arrangement. You can reach Dana at [email protected] or 845-398-4105.
On-Campus Dining Locations include the McNelis Commons Dining Hall and the Spartan Grill.
Banner Self Service
Banner Self Service is your personalized portal into Financial Aid, Account Information, Academic Courses, Email Account setup, and more. Find instructions for logging on here.
- The Center for Academic Excellence is a free tutoring center for all students! It is located upstairs in Spellman Hall, room 111.
- The Lougheed Library offers a variety of resources. Visit our Circulation and Reference Desks for the most up-to-date information! Our library now features Bloomberg Terminals for students interested in Business!
- You can also make appointments with or attend the office hours of your professors.
- Another option is to make an appointment with your Academic Adviser. You can find out who your Adviser is on Banner Self Service.
- If you are having academic difficulties, you may be eligible for a reduced course load (dropping below full time). This can be authorized by your DSO, Dana Samko. Please contact your International Student Admissions Counselor as soon as possible.
- If you would like to change your major, please contact Joy Ferriello, Director of Academic Support Services. The Office of Academic Support Services is located upstairs in Spellman Hall. You can reach Ms. Ferriello at [email protected] or 845-398-4028.
- If you have a physical or learning disability, please contact Mrs. Anne Schlinck at 845-398-4087 or [email protected].
Get involved in some of our many clubs and organizations! We are soon going to start an International/Multicultural Club on campus! If you would like to be a founding member, please email Dana Samko, club adviser, at [email protected].
STAC has many opportunities for involvement including:
- Club Membership
- Leadership Opportunities
- WSTK Radio, Thoma Newspaper, and Thomist Yearbook
Visit Athletics for schedules and information.