Strengthening St. Thomas Aquinas College’s alumni network has been a key desire among alumni and the STAC Alumni Board for quite some time. The Institutional Advancement Office is taking steps to strengthen those networking connections with a data verification project and creation of the 2021 Alumni Directory. This Directory will help alumni connect with each other and the College. The College has partnered with Publishing Concepts Incorporated (PCI). PCI will be contacting alumni on behalf of the College. Over the next few months, you will be receiving emails, postcards, and phone calls from PCI to verify your information. We know you might not want to provide your information to just anyone so we want to let you know that their request for your information is legitimate. Up to date information will be critical in assembling the upcoming alumni directory. While all STAC alumni are included in the directory at no cost, PCI is also taking orders for the hardcover directory, as well as an electronic version.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and said they were working with St. Thomas Aquinas College. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows St. Thomas Aquinas College to receive important updates to our database so we can better serve our alumni.
- Does St. Thomas Aquinas College benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
• Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
• Legacy – preserves the history of our school
• Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
- How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses, and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable Information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the directory.
- I would like to verify or update my information. How may I do this?
• If you received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a real, live human being representing the St. Thomas Aquinas College project. They will verify the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed.
• If you received an email with an embedded link, simply click the link to go to the online site to review your information.
- Can I choose what information prints in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information to be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / [email protected].
- Can anyone purchase a directory?
The St. Thomas Aquinas College Alumni Directory is available for sale only to St. Thomas Aquinas College alumni. You will be listed in the directory whether you decide to purchase a copy or not.
- I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / [email protected] and they will take care of this for you.
Questions? Please contact James Errico, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and Community Management: 845-398-4045 or [email protected]