CARES Act Funds - Student Portion
St. Thomas Aquinas College has been provided funds through the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, & Economic Security (CARES) Act. A portion of these funds is required to be distributed to students in the form of emergency grants under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF).
- In accordance with the guidelines of this program, St. Thomas Aquinas College acknowledges the following:
- A Certification and Agreement has been signed and returned. STAC is required to distribute 50% of the Cares Act funds to students in the form of emergency grants.
- St. Thomas Aquinas College has received a total of $489,023 through this program.
- Total emergency grants distributed to students as of June 25, 2020, is $220,500.
- The estimated number of students eligible to participate in this program is 980.
- Based on the eligibility guidelines outlined by the Department of Education, the College provided those eligible students who were enrolled in the Spring 2020 semester a $225.00 grant. Additionally, the remaining funding, which approximates 10% of the total amount received by the College, will be distributed to eligible students through a hardship application process.
- Students received a letter informing them that this grant is from the CARES Act and is intended to be used to cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus for items such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care.
CARES ACT FUNDS - Institutional Portion
St. Thomas Aquinas College has received funds through the CARES Act - Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). The institutional portion of these funds requires quarterly reporting which provides the amount and use of the funds. Below are links to the quarterly reports.