Degree Works is a web-based academic advising and degree audit tool designed to help students and advisors track students’ academic progress toward the completion of their degree in real-time.
Degree Works is available for students beginning with the 2019-2020 catalog year. A student's catalog year is set upon admission or declaration for their degree, major or minor.
Degree Works clearly displays all graduation requirements and fulfills requirements based on a "best fit" algorithm, which always shows the quickest path to degree completion for a student. It will also display any concentration or minor requirements as well. Some degree requirements include:
- Credit Totals
- Grade Requirements
This tool allows advisors and students to quickly identify outstanding requirements and make a plan to achieve degree completion on time.
Degree Works is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions.
Select the image below to Access Degree Works:
Instructions for First Time Users:
1. Select the Degree Works image above.
2. Once you select the Degree Works image, the Degree Works Ethos page will appear. Please select the 'Forgot your password' link.
3. Enter your Banner Self Service ID and Captcha Text. Then select 'Request Reset' button. A reset email will be sent directly to your STAC email inbox (sometimes sent to your SPAM).
4. Open your STAC email and select the Password Reset Email. If the Password Reset Email is not in your inbox, please search for it in your SPAM. Once you select the email, click on the PROD ETHOS link.
5. Create a password using the following requirements:
Your password must contain a digit [0-9], a lower case letter [a-z], an upper case letter [A-Z], a special character [[email protected]#$%&*].
Your password must be between 6 and 12 characters.
Your username cannot be your password.
Your Degree Works Password can be the same as your Banner Password.
6. Enter your new password, confirm your new password, complete the captcha and select change password. This will reset your password.
7. Now that you have set up your new password, please make sure to sign into Degree Works to test it.
** Can’t log into Degree Works? Please submit a ticket to the IT Helpdesk.
Provides a clear picture of program requirements to help students navigate the most effective path to graduation.
Uses checklists to easily monitor students' academic progress.
Helps students plan their class schedules by showing what courses and requirements are still needed.
Responsive dashboard provides accessible ADA Compliant technology to meet the needs of students.
Mobile-friendly interface allows students and faculty/staff to review student information from any device.
Shows how transfer credits and/or coursework applies toward degree requirements.
Allows students to consider “what-if” scenarios in terms of changing their major/minor and/or adding a major/minor.