In an effort to provide a safe learning and working environment for students and employees, St. Thomas Aquinas College has created this 2020-2021 Academic Year STAC COVID-19 Screening Policy for students, staff and visitors to the STAC Campus.
How to log in to STAC Engage
Please see below for two different sets of directives to access STAC Engage, including instructions for returning users and first-time users alike. These steps will familiarize you with the Daily COVID-19 Screening information within the "Resources" section of the app. All directions are clear and will walk you through the entire process. This simple measure is important in maintaining the safety and health of the STAC Community, your friends, and extended family.
To access instructions on how to download and log in to STAC Engage for the first time, please view our directional video, or take a look at our written document with photo instructions to pair.
STAC COVID-19 Screening Process
STAC will use the Involvio STAC Engage app for remote screening
- STAC Engage will send a daily reminder to complete the screening as appropriate.
- STAC Engage will ask the following questions:
- Are you currently experiencing or have you experienced any of the below listed new symptoms in the past 14 days? (CDC list of symptoms) (Answers: Yes or No)
- Have you traveled outside of the US or from an area with a high rate of COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days? (Answers: Yes or No)
- In the past 10 days, have you knowingly tested positive for COVID-19? (Answers: Yes or No)
- In the past 10 days, have you knowingly been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19? (Answers: Yes or No)
- My temperature today is: (Answers: Less than 98.6'; Between 98.6' and 99.9'; 100.0' or greater)
- Please confirm your temperature by writing it in the form below: (Enter temperature)
STAC Engage will produce a "Green" or a "Red" Pass, which will be sent to the user’s STAC email.
- Red Pass: “Do not come to campus. Stay home or stay in your campus residence (dorm room). Contact your medical provider for guidance.”
- Green Pass: “You’re good to go. See you on campus!”
If you feel unwell after completing your Screening on STAC Engage and have already received a green pass, immediately contact Health and Wellness Services at 845-398-4242. For urgent medical emergencies, please contact Campus Safety at 845-398-4080. In addition, please report any COVID-19 Symptoms on the STAC Engage app:
- Within the STAC Engage app home screen, click the "COVID-19 Symptom Reporting" prompt. STAC Engage will ask the following questions:
- Are you on campus today?
- Please write in any COVID-19 Symptoms you are feeling below: (Explain in text box)
- What date did you first notice these symptoms?
- Please write the best way to get in contact with you.
All Students and Employees will complete the remote screening process using STAC Engage for every day they are on campus:
- All users will be prepared to display results when asked by a college official or representative.
- Please note that random screening will occur to ensure the set of key questions have been filled out and submitted; (screening completed on STAC Engage app, or in person at Campus Safety.)
Resident students: Will complete prior to leaving their “Family Residence” for the day.
Commuter students: Before they arrive on campus
Employees: Before they arrive on campus
Students/Employees who are unable to complete the daily health screening for any reason, upon arrival at campus will respond directly to Campus Safety (Aquinas Hall Room 101) to complete the daily screening process in person.
- If a person passes the screening they will be issued a “Green Pass”
- If a person fails the screening they will be asked to return to their residence or leave campus.
- If a resident student fails the screening the Office of Health and Wellness Services AND Office of Residence Life will be immediately notified.
- If a commuter student fails the screening the Office of Health and Wellness Services will be immediately notified.
- If an employee fails the screening Human Resources will immediately be notified.
Visitors: will complete screening during the sign in process at STAC Campus Safety
- If a visitor passes the screening, the Campus Safety Officer will complete visitor log and issue visitor a "Green" pass.
- If a visitor fails the screening they will be advised to immediately leave campus and contact their medical provider.
- A Campus Safety Officer will ask the visitor the same health screening questions as STAC Engage.
- Campus Safety Staff will use the Health Guard Smart Access Kiosk to verify temperature is in an acceptable range.
Contractors: will complete screening during the sign in process at STAC Facilities Department
- If a contractor passes the screening, Facilities Staff will complete visitor log and issue contractor a "Green" pass.
- If a contractor fails the screening, they will be advised to immediately leave campus and contact their medical provider.
- Facilities Staff will ask the contractor the same health screening questions as STAC Engage.
- Facilities Staff will use the thermal type scanning thermometer to verify temperature is in acceptable range.
Entrances to Campus Buildings: Posted at each entrance will be clearly visible signs with COVID-19 Information
Screening questions as included on STAC Engage
If you answer "yes" to any question please return to your vehicle or on campus residence and contact Campus Safety at 845-398-4080. Do not enter campus buildings. Seek care with your primary care provider.
Health Guard Smart Access Kiosks are placed at several entrances around campus. They scan for body temperature and verify that face masks are being warned properly. Whenever someone walks by a kiosk, they should make a point to step up to it to check their temperature and mask.
Random Screening - Health and Safety Ambassadors
Random screening will be conducted by Health and Safety Ambassadors throughout campus. Ambassadors will check Health Passes, STAC IDs, proper mask wearing, and body temperature.