Appointments may be scheduled in person at the Office of Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) or by phone. If you prefer to schedule an appointment by phone, you may do so by calling 845-398-4065. CAPS is located on the Upper Level of the Romano Student Alumni Center (across from the Campus Bookstore). In the event that you need to cancel and/or reschedule your appointment, please notify the Office in person or by phone as soon as you know that you will be unable to make your appointment. After an appointment is cancelled, it is the student’s responsibility to reschedule his/her appointment if another appointment is desired or required.
If you are scheduling an appointment for assistance with a personal issue, please read the following instructions:
- Schedule an Appointment
- After Scheduling Your Initial Appointment:
- You may receive an email assisting you with the establishment of a Therapy Portal account.
- After you establish a Therapy Portal account, you may be provided information regarding CAPS. You may also be directed to complete and sign some documents.
Teletherapy Appointments Utilizing Doxy
Teletherapy may be available for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. Teletherapy provides a secure modality for you to meet with your clinician for individual psychotherapy appointments. Teletherapy is available for STAC students who have been receiving mental health services through CAPS and/or for students who may be seeking assistance for the first time. To schedule an appointment, please call the CAPS office at 845-398-4065. To utilize Teletherapy, please refer to the following instructions listed below:
- Users need to use Firefox or Google Chrome web browsers. You will need to first install one of these on your computer, if you haven’t already.
- Users do not need to create a doxy.me account. However, for the first time only, you will need to give permission for your browser to access your microphone and camera. Note, your computer/tablet/phone needs to have a microphone and camera.
- Doxy.me can be used on a desktop computer or a tablet or phone.
- Using Firefox or Google Chrome, go to the URL provided by your therapist in the email that was sent to your STAC email account.
- Plan to check-in at least 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment. The “Check In” box will appear. Enter your name and click “Check In” so your therapist knows you have arrived. The therapist will start the call at your scheduled time.
For more information about Doxy, please click the link below:
To participate in Teletherapy through CAPS and/or the Therapy Portal, you must use your your STAC email account. The information you provide will assist CAPS staff in meeting your specific needs. Please note that the information you provide will ONLY be accessible to CAPS staff. Consult the “Policies and Confidentiality” Section or contact the CAPS office for additional clarification.